Saturday, August 8, 2015

Cpt. Bud's Devotionals, 8-9-15: "What a Load of Behemoth Crap"

When I was a teenage girl, life was sure hard. The other girls made fun of me because of my thick facial stubble, and because I was a dude. But what made it most confusing and frustrating were promises from people claiming God, but not Scripture - people, maybe well-meaning, who promised romance for everyone. They'd post things like, "When someone lets you down, don't worry - God is saying, 'I'm saving this one for someone special.'"
When I grew up and became a man, I learned that this was a load of Behemoth crap, and that romance is not a Biblical promise. Even if you don't believe in the word of God, you must admit that the notion of "someone for everyone" is unrealistic mathematically, statistically, circumstantially, and environmentally. But for those of us who do believe, we must not only consider those things, but also, nowhere in the Bible does God promise a husband or wife, boyfriend or girlfriend, for all believers. Our soul mate is Jesus - I found out the hard way that a true soul mate will give His body and blood as a ransom for your sins, rather than run you over with their Dodge Durango because they've had a few too many Jack Daniels Cactus Kickers. There's nothing wrong with wanting to find someone, or even looking - but we often make it an idol and place it before Jesus.
The "someone" on this earth that Jesus is saving all of us for, single or otherwise, is the wandering friend or stranger who has not heard the Gospel, the aching belly that hungers, the lonely soul that needs an ear to listen.
OHMS,
Cpt. Bud Sturguess

"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
-Psalm 18:2
"For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'"
-Isaiah 41:13

1 comment:

  1. God first. Created in his image, I will let his journey be my life.
    Love ya,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete