Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Our Names on the Palms of God's Hands

The book I'm writing takes place mostly in prison. While doing some research, I was making notes about the electric chair and, forgetting the existence of paper, scribbled on my hand the name of the most recent person in the US to be executed via electrocution: Robert Gleason. Seeing this killer's name on the palm of my hand reminded me of God's words to wayward Israel in Isaiah 49:16: "I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands." This vicious criminal's name on my hand reminded me that the names of you and me, who have done atrocious things against God, were inscribed in His palms by the nails on the cross: He paid for our crimes via capital punishment, though being innocent, and remembers each of our names, "inscribed on the palms of His hands." 

No comments:

Post a Comment